Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunny summer salad


I love getaways!! We are lucky to have a house close to the ocean in a small city one hour away from Lisbon, we have it all over there, I just disconnect from the real world when I'm there, and now with our little boy it's even better!! My mother in law is sowing all the time veggies and fruits, I feel so lucky to get the best organic food whenever I want. Today our lunch consisted in grilled fish, cooked potatoes and salad, my turn to get the best salad to share with my family. Picked all the ingredients ( less the clementines and ginger) in the backyard and this is what I came up.

Lettuce
Spinach
Celery
Parsley 
Radish
Cucumber
Mint
Ginger 
Clementines 
Sea salt
Olive oil
Lemon zest 

It couldn't be better!! 


----------------- español 

Me encanta irme de fin de semana! Tenemos la suerte de tener una casa de la familia a las afueras de Lisboa, cerca al mar en una pequeña ciudad apartada de toda la confusión citadina. Aquí me desconecto completamente de todo y ahora con nuestro bebe es todavía mejor. Mi suegra se la pasa cultivando toda clase de vegetales y frutas, que suerte tengo de obtener lo mejor de lo mejor y gratis!!! Hoy nuestro almuerzo familiar consistió en pescado asado con papa cocida y ensalada. Mi turno de hacer la mejor ensalada para compartir. Básicamente fui al patio y recogí la mayoría de los ingredientes menos las mandarinas y el jengibre. Así me salió!

Espinacas
Lechuga morada
Rábano
Pepino
Menta
Perejil
Apio
Jengibre
Mandarinas
Sal marina
Aceite de oliva 
Limón 

Que delicia!! Las mandarinas le dan el toque especial ;)



No comments :

Post a Comment